Body wraps are designed to condition, detoxify, firm, and tone skin. They have been the favourites of most spa-goers. Some treatments in Strom spa nordique québec can also help in slimming and contouring the body.
A body wrap is a spa treatment made to improve the skin’s health and look and reduce body measurements. It involves the application of a nourishing oil or mineral-rich formula to the limbs and torso and wrapping the body in cotton, mylar bandages or a plastic film. This treatment promotes dirt, toxin, and excess water extraction from the skin. Most wraps are done on the entire body; however, some are applied to some areas only. Whether it is your first time trying a body treatment or have been pampering yourself with it for a while, this guide will help you know about this indulgent spa treatment:
Benefits of Body Wraps
A body wrap can offer several health and beauty benefits that can vary depending on the kind of wrap chosen. These benefits include the following:
- Detoxification. Body wraps can feature detoxifying algae, mud, clay, or seaweed that help in eliminating toxins through metabolic skin cell stimulation. Detox of the epidermis can significantly affect your health and overall wellbeing.
- Dead skin removal. Body wraps that have an exfoliation stage will cause dead skin cells to be lifted, leading to a smoother complexion from top to toe and a flattering glow. A body polish can be done before the wrap if the treatment does not include exfoliation.
- Relaxation. After you are fully wrapped, your aesthetician will leave you to relax for up to thirty minutes. This is meant to give you some valuable mental and physical downtime.
- Weight loss. Body wraps that have detoxifying ingredients teamed with bandages will make you sweat out any excess toxins and water in your body as well as tighten your skin. This leads to a temporary improvement in your body contour and weight loss.
Which Body Wrap is for You?
There are different types of body wraps available at spas. These include the following:
- Algae body wrap. This involves applying nourishing, warmed algae to the skin to initiate cell metabolism and aid detoxification.
- Cellulite treatment wrap. This body wrap is designed to boost circulation and help in flushing away toxins from the skin and underlying fat cells. Often, it targets the bottom, thigh, and hip areas to ensure a smoother, bump-free look.
- Bust wrap. In this wrap, a tightening and firming serum is applied to the bust portion before warping. It is meant to tone and moisturise any sagging or loose skin.